Saturday 8 June 2013

ICAD #8

So today is Lucy's 4th birthday - where did the year go??  Had a lovely afternoon over at Caroline's, where Rich and I painted Lucy's bedroom in lilac and pale green, to go with her new curtains and duvet cover :-)  

The morning was spent with a reflexology appointment in Theale, followed by my ICAD, then a trip into Reading to find Rich some hiking boots for our holiday the week after next (need to figure out what I'm taking with me for ICAD supplies whilst we're away!).  Boots duly found, I couldn't resist popping into Hobbycraft a couple of doors down and ended up with two new stamps, one of a curlicue bird and another of two love-birds with a heart :-)

This morning's ICAD was inspired by a post on Facebook a couple of days ago with a picture of a forest with the statement "This is a community too".

The trees are stamped from the same set that has the penguins on a sled (there are 3 different sizes), and they are coloured in with water colour pencils.  I haven't yet decided whether I will add water to make them more painted, or leave them as they are.  I like the effect of the fainter stamps where the ink was running out looking more like background trees. 

And a bonus card today with one of my new stamps - 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment