Sunday 23 June 2013

Catch up time :-)

So a few days away with barely a phone signal, let alone internet access and it's time to catch up.  ICADs are up to date so I've got a few to post, plus some lovely images from our break in Cornwall !

First up is ICAD 18.  This was done on a background I created before I went away when I was playing with sponging.  The rusty brown shades made me think of autumn so I wanted to do a leaf print.  This was a piece of bracken picked up on one of our walks.  It didn't come out as detailed as I was hoping for, so yet another thing to practice.  

ICAD #18
 

Next is an experiment seeing whether I could make layers of paint stand out on a dark painted background (more explorations in using black!).  Didn't really like the effects for this one so decided that perhaps very strong backgrounds need collage or similar on top, or at least paints that are less translucent. 

ICAD #19



 So having learned from ICAD #19, this time I used the dramatic background for a mini-collage, inspired by the recycle theme.  The card was originally one of a series that I had used to log books I had read and I was curious to see how much paint, and which colours, would be needed to cover the writing.  This colour scheme made me think of bright summer fruits so I used a piece of junk mail from a local farm and recycled it into a positive message "Pick your own dream to feel good".

ICAD #20 Pick your own dream to feel good

 ICAD #21 continues the theme of collage to cope with strong backgrounds - this one says "Make room for sparking creativity now!"  The words came from a variety of junk mail, as did the mandala which inspired the phrase :-)

ICAD #21 Make room for sparking creativity now!



 Another strong background playing with black - the image of a stack of books came from an Open University magazine, which has a section entitled OpenMinds.  The word books came from a flyer catalogue for a local theatre, so I had to cut an 's' from a different word to convert the word Book :-)
ICAD #22 - Books open minds



 

No comments:

Post a Comment