Saturday 15 June 2013

ICAD #13

Was in a bit of a rush today so used stamps to create images to play with.  I was experimenting with water colour pencils and how to actually gently blend the colours to keep the textures and patterns I created, rather than wash them all into one muddy mess!  I still need to practise this but overall, I was pleased with the effects.  The borders were done with glitter gel pens though the brightness of the colours and the sparkles don't really come out in these photos. 



Today was a horrible day at work so it was great to come home to discover that the sunflower seeds I planted on Monday evening had already not only germinated, but burst into life so vibrantly that they had pushed the plastic cover up in the air.  Nearly 3 inches tall just 3 days after being planted and left in the airing cupboard to keep warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment