Sunday 2 June 2013

ICAD #2

Day 2 of ICAD and I wanted to continue with the week's theme of rainbow colours.  I had prepared a couple of backgrounds yesterday but none of them felt right so I drew on a fresh card with white wax crayon (somewhat difficult when you can't see what you're drawing!) then then washed over the results with watered down yellow and orange ready mixed paints.  

One of the corner flowers morphed into a butterfly when I started painting and the central flower turned into a mandala.  It still seemed incomplete so I searched through my folder of phrases cut from magazines until I found the words I liked, then added the "Enjoy" by cutting the word from a pizza box in my recycling bin :-)

Loving seeing what everyone else creates - lots of inspiration and just sharing creativity with so many lovely people is fantastic.  Two months of this could become incredibly addictive!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment