Tuesday 4 June 2013

ICAD #4

Really lousy day at work today, starting with a poorly attended customer meeting (only the organiser showed up, none of the required attendees made it) so hardly any progress and a waste of most of the morning.  Getting back to the office, things didn't improve to the extent that I very nearly walked out and came home.  Kept trying to think of positive things then got foiled by a despairing team meeting.  Tried to deflect the negative by creating a brightly coloured ICAD card with my fluorescent gel pens but was very disheartened by the results and threw it in the drawer and went home. 

The day brightened up considerably with a lovely meal with our new friends David & Jenna who live across the courtyard from us so that inspired a completely different card when we got home.

 The photo doesn't really do it justice - the background is green and red sparkly children's ready-mixed paint, the picture and text are cut from a takeaway menu from the restaurant we went to.  I really like how the ICAD cards are actually turning into something of an art journal for me - an evolving exploration of the different ways I can be creative, even when I'm not feeling particularly inspired in what I would usually consider to be a 'traditionally arty' way :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment