Wednesday 5 June 2013

ICAD #5

A work in progress :-) Today I looked up zentangles and zendoodles on the web and had a couple of attempts at creating my own.  Not there yet I don't think, though I certainly zoned-out whilst creating this one in the middle of a busy shopping centre at lunchtime today, complete with squawking kids climbing all over the end of the seat I was sitting on and harried mothers trying to round up their offspring.

I did the most central heart first, then the 4 descending hearts and then the one in the corner.  The spirals didn't work out quite right at first, so I extended them with the stems, leaves and heart flowers.  The attempts to zentangle made me think at first that I'd ruined the picture, though as I worked on them more and just let everything flow, my central heart re-emerged and my descending hearts didn't look so swamped.  Not sure where this is going, maybe I'll add some words rather than more doodling, but it's certainly an interesting challenge and I do like the technique.  Will be trying more of this though I may do more internet research or even buy an instruction book if I struggle with the concept and patterns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment